Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Ventures

As it is lightly snowing outside -- the dusting of snowflakes doing their strange, traditional two-directional flow -- I figured it was a good opportunity to update a tad.

Saturday, Brant and I went to Provo for Megan's BBQ Baby shower, which was of course, very tasty, breezy, and funny for all in attendance. It's both amazing and stupifying to consider that my first best friend/psuedo sib is within 4 weeks of popping and becoming a mommy. I keep calling it trippy in conversation, but it's more of a filler word because I really can't describe it. It's really a combo of:
  • joy -- how can you not feel good about darling baby toes and fingers?
  • wonder -- over the miracle of making life.
  • wondering -- how on earth did time slip this fast that Meg could possibly be having a kid already?
  • estrangement from the past -- it's a new era of life beginning. Somehow getting married never did quite hit home, yet friends having kids does.
  • excitement -- what will baby Cowley be like? What will mommying be like for Meg? Fun thoughts.
It's exciting, and my prayer is that all continues to go well for the blooming Cowley family and that their blessings will be very rich indeed!
The long-awaited expensive part of making a home-based studio has finally come, and there has been much rejoicing! After the shower, Brant and I finally bought a decent pressure-sensitive Wacom tablet and the Adobe Creative Suite 4: Production Premium, which has: Best yet, we got them for $800.00! (For those who don't know, each program featured within separately can cost anywhere from $200-$1000.) Thank you, BYU Bookstore student discounts! What this allows for is much greater work capacity and creativity and -- most importantly -- sell-ability. So that's a major plus in our lives.Sunday was also special in that Brant and I took part in the Dedicatory Services for the Draper Temple. I remember going to the dedication broadcasts for the Nauvoo and Winter Quarters Temples, back when I was still living in California. But this dedication was different in my experience, as church was abbreviated to just Sacrament Meeting much earlier in the day. That was unexpected. But it was a very lovely, uplifting experience that I will cherish.

Back to classwork and quizzing I go. Until the next post-worthy moment!

(Draper Temple photo by David Terry)

No comments:

Post a Comment