Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dear Deer

Dear local GV deer,

I have always loved you.  Especially when you fed, slept, and brought your fawns into my meadow.  You have been magical, even when you nipped the blooms off my grandmother's roses.  And I kinda missed the exasperation of that when I realized you hated being near the onions I planted throughout the garden beds last year.  However!  I am nonplussed by your magnetic nocturnal senses when you eat my BRAND NEW Gala apple tree's blossoms and nibble the top of my new blueberry tree.  It was quite rude to show me how unafraid and full you were from eating my trees when I yelled (and laughed at my attempt) at you this morning.  Please stay down in the meadow where you are acceptably cute, and off my apparently yummy hill!  Thank you.

Sincerely,
A Hopeful Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment