Today I had a delightful walk with church friends, Sheila and Kathy, at the GV Fairgrounds -- it was my first time really exploring it, as I had only been there once for a performance as a kid with Gran and my parents. So I really enjoyed coming to know the grounds at last. :)
This last week, I have the blessing of actually feeling my child move. Though ethereal in many ways, there is familiarity and bonding beginning to happen for me.
Scripture study has been spotty due to frequent/long napping and being busy with chores/work/baby prep/attempting food. Almost a month ago, I challenged the YW girls to try and finish their Personal Progress with me, as I decided to match them by starting and finishing the program before baby comes. So I'll be sharing what I learn as my part of scripture sharing. A bit ambitious a project perhaps, but the point is to ready my heart and home to offer the best I can in spirit to the little one. So if I don't finish "in time," it doesn't really matter, since it's all about the progression anyway! It is interesting for me to do the program again (completed it at 15) just to see the difference of view, matters of importance, and adjustment of priorities concerning home and beliefs that have taken place over in the almost-decade that has passed. Mostly I note there is a richer understanding as to why seemingly basic concepts are so critical to master.
Just thought I'd share a scripture I same across that really struck home for me while I was studying scriptures concerning divine nature:
2 Peter 1:16 "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty."
"Cunningly devised fables." The verse reminds me of many others, especially written from Joseph Smith, discussing the truth that there is in fact a living Savior. In this time, people ask about our faith, "How could you possibly know ____?" "It's all a myth anyway to make us feel we're not alone," etc. It was striking to me to know that the first Apostles dealt with similar questioning about their faith, and were true to what they knew and had seen. I find the aspect of living scriptures that were written for our day to be more and more evident as I read and experience more of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment