Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nostalgia and Jim Henson

My husband is so wonderful!  We had Christmas early, and I am now the proud owner of  the first season of Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock!  Happy day! I have had a life long love and admiration for the spectacular feats of puppetry and breaking-edge tech these seemingly simple puppets employ. So we've been watching it pretty non-stop the last two days.  Brant never had the opportunity to see it before (loves it now), but this was one of the definitive parts of my childhood's media consumption.  Old memories have been coming back, and my adult brain is loving all the one-liners and references and ironies that I missed when young.  It makes me so happy to have good entertainment in the house that not only we can enjoy, but is something I can proudly with great contentment share with my children.

If you want to see what Fraggles are about, click here.




And for the Holiday Season:

No comments:

Post a Comment