Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Education Portfolio

This semester I took an Early Childhood Education Practices and Theories course, which I found rather interesting.  I hadn't had the slightest notion that there were so many philosophies and established practices before.  But I'll write about that later.

One of the things we had to do was to create a professional ECE portfolio.  Being an artist, a portfolio has a specific content and professional purpose that is all about the visual.  So I was very confused, as I have never taken in a binder of (what appears to be fluffy-looking) stuff to a job interview.  It took me a long time (ie: the entire semester) to figure out the usefulness and approach of this binder thing -- which I'll be turning in this evening.

One useful thing that I do like, is the documenting of curriculum ideas, teaching environment, and how you engaged in teaching.  It's a combination of recording great memories and proof that you were involved in your work.  Thus the importance of taking lots of photos.  Unfortunately, I have close to zip from the time I taught at Discovery Gateway '09-'10, so I had to "borrow" some imagery, but I am happy to say that they do paint a pretty picture when you put them together:






Mom had been the one who had introduced me to digital scrapbooking.  It was fast and fun tinkering around with patterns and pictures to make the right "look."  Here we are!  A nice way to present your work/workplace and still have all the whimsy the education folk want to see.  (I think I'll be hooked on this for making my own memory books...  Tee-hee.)

Template style: 31 Flavors
Paper Assets: T. Hanson's "Sunflower Seeds"

No comments:

Post a Comment