Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Calling!

Alas my time as Relief Society instructor has come to a close.  It was enlightening and helped me refocus on the important things.  But today in Sacrament meeting, I was upheld and sustained as the new Young Women's Second counselor in the presidency!  Yeehaw!  That means I will still be teaching and now have direct authority over the Beehives, the youngest group (ages 12-13).  Number of "my girls"? Two.  And one is having a birthday this summer, so soon, it will be one.  Next girl to come into Young Women's?  She's currently eight years old.  So, I'll be working on upping numbers a touch.  We'll be having lots of fun and growth and working on Personal Progress, which has updated quite a bit since my time...  Five years ago?  Yeesh, time flies.  Updates are having an online component, a new booklet, and an additional Value: virtue.  I got to teach my first lesson this afternoon, without prep, but the girls were patient and engaged.  We'll have a great time!  I'm already feeling maternal towards my charges.  I can't wait to see how I grow and develop from this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment